Sara Lynn Evans is an American country singer and songwriter. For her entire career, she has been signed to RCA Records Nashville. Evans' debut, Three Chords and the Truth, did not produce a Top 40 hit on the Hot Country Songs charts. She followed this up with No Place That Far, Born to Fly, Restless and Real Fine Place. No Place That Far received a gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America, while the other three albums all were certified platinum. These discs include the number 1 singles "No Place That Far", "Born to Fly", "Suds in the Bucket" and "A Real Fine Place to Start", plus the top 10 hits "I Could Not Ask for More", "I Keep Looking", "Perfect" and "Cheatin'". Her 2007 Greatest Hits included the top 15 hits "You'll Always Be My Baby" and "As If". Stronger included her fifth number 1 hit, "A Little Bit Stronger", which was co-written by Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum. Evans announced a new single called "Slow Me Down" on August 15, 2013, as the lead single of her seventh studio album, Slow Me Down, released on March 11, 2014.
- Born: February 5, 1971 (age 48), Boonville
- Spouse: Jay Barker (2008-06-14 to present - Marriage)Craig Schelske (1993-09-25 to 2007-09-28 - Marriage)
- Aliases: Evans, Sara, Sara Lynn Evans
- Children: Audrey Elizabeth Schelske, Avery Jack Schelske, Olivia Margaret Schelske
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75m)
- Genre: Country
- Websites: http://saraevans.com/