Lonnie Melvin "Mel" Tillis is an American country music singer. Although he recorded songs since the late 1950s, his biggest success occurred in the 1970s, with a long list of Top 10 hits. Tillis's biggest hits include "I Ain't Never", "Good Woman Blues", and "Coca-Cola Cowboy". On February 13, 2012 President Barack Obama awarded Tillis the National Medal of Arts For his contributions to country music. He also has won the CMA Awards' most coveted award, Entertainer of the Year. He is also known for his speech impediment, which does not affect his singing voice. His daughter is country music singer Pam Tillis.
- Born: August 8, 1932 (age 86), Dover
- Spouse: Doris Tillis (1957-01 to 1977 - Marriage)
- Aliases: Lonnie Melvin "Mel" Tillis, Lonnie Melvin Tillis, M-m-m-mel Tillis, Mel Tills
- Children: Carrie April Tillis, Cindy Tillis, Connie Tillis, Hannah Tillis, Mel Tillis, Jr., Pam Tillis
- Genre: Country, Outlaw country
- Websites: http://www.meltillis.com/