Jessi Colter is an American country music artist who is best known for her collaboration with her husband, country singer and songwriter Waylon Jennings, and for her 1975 country-pop crossover hit "I'm Not Lisa". Jessi Colter was one of the few female artists to emerge from the mid-1970s “outlaw” movement. After meeting her future husband, Colter pursued a career in country music, releasing her first studio LP in 1970, A Country Star Is Born. Five years later, Colter signed with Capitol Records and released her first solo single, “I'm Not Lisa,” which topped the country charts and reached the top 5 on the pop charts. In 1976 she was featured on the collaboration LP Wanted: The Outlaws, which became an RIAA-certified Platinum album, and helped her become one of the few female outlaw country stars.
- Born: May 25, 1943 (age 76), Phoenix
- Spouse: Waylon Jennings (1969-10-26 to 2002-02-13 - Marriage)
- Aliases: Colter, Jessi, Jessi Coulter, Jessie Colter, Miriam Johnson
- Children: Shooter Jennings
- Genre: Country, Outlaw country
- Websites: http://www.officialjessicolter.com/index-alt.html