Troyal Garth Brooks is an American country music singer and songwriter. His eponymous first album was released in 1989 and peaked at number 2 in the US country album chart while climbing to number 13 on the Billboard 200 album chart. Brooks' integration of rock elements into his recordings and live performances earned him immense popularity. This progressive approach allowed him to dominate the country single and album charts while crossing over into the mainstream pop arena. Brooks broke records for both sales and concert attendance throughout the 1990s. As of 2013, his recordings continue to sell well and, according to Nielsen Soundscan, his albums sales up to May 2013 are 68,630,000, which makes him the best-selling albums artist in the United States in the SoundScan era, a title held since 1991, well over 5 million ahead of his nearest rival, The Beatles. According to RIAA he is the second best-selling solo albums artist in the United States of all time behind Elvis Presley with 134 million units sold. Brooks is also one of the world's best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 190 million records.
- Born: February 7, 1962 (age 56), Tulsa
- Spouse: Trisha Yearwood (2005-12-10 to present - Marriage)Sandy Mahl (1986-05-24 to 2001-12-17 - Marriage)
- Aliases: Brooks, Garth, Chris Gaines, Troyal Garth Brooks
- Children: Allie Colleen Brooks, August Anna Brooks, Taylor Mayne Pearl Brooks
- Height: 6′ 0″ (1.82m)
- Genre: Country, Country pop, Country rock
- Websites: http://www.garthbrooks.com/