Emmylou Harris is an American singer and songwriter. She has released many popular albums and singles over the course of her career, and has now won 13 Grammys - as of 2014 - as well as numerous other awards. Her work and recordings include work as a solo artist, bandleader, an interpreter of other composers' works and as a singer-songwriter, and a backing vocalist and duet partner. She has worked with numerous leading artists including Gram Parsons, John Denver, Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Parton, Roy Orbison, The Band, Mark Knopfler, Guy Clark, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Bright Eyes, Rodney Crowell, John Prine, Neil Young and Steve Earle.
- Born: April 2, 1947 (age 71), Birmingham
- Spouse: , Paul Kennerley (1985 to 1993 - Marriage), Brian Ahern (1977-01-09 to 1984 - Marriage)
- Aliases: Em, Emmy, Harris, Emmylou, Harris, Emmylou & Nash Ramblers, The, Snowracer
- Children: M.T. Ahern, Mika Hallie Slocum
- Height: 5′ 5″ (1.651m)
- Genre: Alternative country, Country, Country rock
- Websites: http://www.emmylouharris.com/