Don Williams is an American country singer, songwriter and a 2010 inductee to the Country Music Hall of Fame. He grew up in Portland, Texas, and graduated in 1958 from Gregory-Portland High School. After seven years with the folk-pop group Pozo-Seco Singers, he began his solo career in 1971, singing popular ballads and amassing 17 number one country & western hits. His straightforward yet smooth bass-baritone voice, soft tones, and imposing build earned him the nickname: "Gentle Giant" of country music.
- Born: May 27, 1939 (age 79), Floydada
- Spouse: Joy Bucher (1960-04-10 to present - Marriage)
- Aliases: The Gentle Giant, Williams, Don
- Children: Gary Williams, Tim Williams
- Height: 6′ 1″ (1.85m)
- Genre: Country, Country pop, Country rock
- Websites: http://www.don-williams.com/