Buffy Sainte-Marie, OC is a Canadian-American Cree singer-songwriter, musician, composer, visual artist, educator, pacifist, and social activist. Throughout her career in all of these areas, her work has focused on issues of Indigenous peoples of the Americas. Her singing and writing repertoire also includes subjects of love, war, religion, and mysticism. She founded the Cradleboard Teaching Project, an educational curriculum devoted to better understanding Native Americans. She has won recognition and many awards and honours for both her music and her work in education and social activism.
- Born: February 20, 1941 (age 77), Piapot
- Spouse: Chuck Wilson (1993 to present - Domestic partnership), Jack Nitzsche (1982-03-19 to 2000-08-25 - Marriage), Dewain Bugbee (1968 to 1971 - Marriage)
- Aliases: Beverly Sainte-Marie, Buffy Saint-Marie, Buffy Sainte Marie, Buffy Sainte-Marie, OC, Buffy Ste. Marie, Sainte-Marie, Buffy
- Children: Dakota Starblanket Wolfchild
- Genre: Country
- Websites: http://www.creative-native.com/